Sunday, October 10, 2004

You'd think we'd had enough of silly love songs

OK.
Top 100 love songs... here goes:

1. Your Song - Elton John
2. Miss You - Incubus
3. Lovely day - Bill Withers
4. Grow old with you - Adam Sandler
5. Don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith
6. Head over feet - Alanis Morrisette
7. Loving you - Alicia Keyes
8. I only have eyes for you - Art Garfunkel
9. Little things mean a lot - Kitty Kallon
10. Something to believe in - the Bangles
11. Still the one - Shania Twain
12. Don't worry baby - The Beach Boys
13. I'm a Believer - The Monkees
14. Feels like the first time - Beverly Craven
15. I can't believe that you're in love with me - Billie Holiday
16. I'd die for you - Bon Jovi
17. Close to you - The Carpenters
18. Real love - Cher
19. True love ways - Buddy Holly
20. All 4 love - Color me Badd
21. True love - Bing Crosby
22. Don't say you love me - The Corrs
23. Butterfly - Crazy Town
24. I drove all night - Cyndi Lauper
25. True blue - Madonna
26. Endless Love - Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross
27. And I love her - The Beatles
28. Nothings gonna stop us now - Starshop
29. It had to be you - Harry Connick Jnr
30. Lets stay together - Al Green
31. I just called to say I love you - Stevie Wonder
32. Wonderfull Tonight - Eric Clapton
33. I feel fine - The Beatles
34. I got you babe - Sonny and Cher
35. Friday (I'm in love) - the cure (cheers to the musicwhore for this suggestion)
36. Chuck E's in love - Rikki Lee Jones
37. Dedicated to the one I love - Bitty Mclean
38. Because of you - Gabrielle
39. Can't take my eyes of you - Andy Williams
40. Love like laughter - Beth Orton
41. She don't let nobody - Chaka Demus and Pliers
42. Thankyou - Dido
43. You make loving fun - Fleetwood mac
44. Near you always - Jewel
45. Its wonderful (to be loved by you) - Jimmy Ruffin
46. Love is da shit - Spearhead (ok, so it's not celebrating being in love but it's an ace tune about love)
47. You're all i need to get by - Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye
48. Too busy thinking about my baby - Marvin Gaye
49. Baby I love youre way - Maxi Priest
50. Underneath your clothes - Shakira
51. I second that emotion - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
52. I must be in love - Syreeta
53. Whatta man - Salt n Peppa with En vogue
54. You do something to me - Paul Weller
55. Spiritual love - Urban Species


See - getting there slowly...

Ok... I think I shall have to come back to this... its proving harder than I thought to find love songs that rejoice in it instead of whinging about a lost love or talking about the carnal side of things exclusively.

*sigh* what on earth made me decide to do this?. I guess everyone is right.
I'm insane - truly, its the only answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home